Sunday, August 28, 2011

{alysonn+tom} sneak peek

Sometimes during the long, hot summer months in Arizona, I get a little cranky.

Edit that: I get a LOT cranky.

See we do things a little backward down here... instead of a 3-month wedding season, we have a 9-month one. Instead of a jam-packed June, July and August, we get to spread our work over the rest of the year. All of which is amazing, I'm not complaining. Well, I am. Just a little bit. Because now it's August... and I'm bored.

I am testy, on edge, itching to do something, anything creative because it's just too dang hot to do much of anything but sit on the couch (I could basically go pro - can that be an Olympic event?) Energy is sapped, doors are slammed shut to keep in the a/c, and client inquiries have fallen to a trickle. The ones I do have set up are all for the fall, for "when it cools off."

So needless to say, I haven't shot much this summer. And I'm a wee bit cranky. And itching to shoot. And I kind of sometimes get a little down in the duldrums about that. Then I hop back in the saddle and bang! get a huge reminder of why I do what I do. Why I can suffer through those long hot months for the reward waiting at the end of the tunnel. Why I love photography, why I love weddings, and why I love, love, LOVE being granted the opportunity to document people pledging their lives to one another for eternity.

I get reminded by people like {alysonn+tom}. Here's a sneak peek of what I got to witness yesterday evening. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I hope you do too.

ps: {alysonn+tom} thank you for reminding why I love my job so much. Your love is truly a blessed thing to witness and I wish you eternal happiness. Plus you throw one heck of a party.







3 comments:

  1. I'm loving their portraits. Great job, Dianne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love the ones of them on the dance floor. The light is very cool in those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lighting from the dance floor shots! Beautiful work Dianne! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to share in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete