- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Gluten-Free Pantry – Beth’s gluten-free all-purpose flour, it has guar gum which eliminates the need to add 1/4 tsp. of guar or xantham)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (or 3 tsp. of GF baking powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum (If you are using a mix that contains xanthan or guar gum OMIT adding more gum)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter OR Spectrum All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 15-oz can of pumpkin puree (do not use premade pumpkin mix)
- 1/3 cup milk OR your favorite dairy free milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk OR dairy free milk substitute (1 tbsp wasn’t enough, added more as needed for frosting-like consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8-ish teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F / 190C
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease.
In a medium mixing bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and guar OR xanthan gum (if your mix does NOT contain gum.) Whisk until thoroughly combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla; beat until combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Drop cookies by generous rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven.
While cookies are baking prepare glaze by beating confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and glossy – may have to add more milk as needed for a smoother consistency.
Cool cookies for 1-2 minutes. Spoon, drop or brush glaze on cookies.
Yield- About 3 dozen cookies
For larger cookies drop cookies on prepared baking sheet by using a rounded tablespoon and bake an addition 2-3 minutes or until the cookies are done.